Sunday, December 18, 2011

You are now in Seabrook, South Carolina.

Driving back to Seabrook brought a great sense of nostalgia. Nothing much had changed since the last time I had been there, and as I drove through the small town I felt as though time had stopped, while the rest of the world had kept moving. Pulling up to the only Inn in Seabrook, I turned off the ignition, resting my head against the steering wheel. Pulling down the sun visor, I checked myself out in the small mirror. I had been careful not to rub my eyes too hard in fear of smudging my makeup, and I dug in my purse for a bobby pin to pin back a strand of hair that had fallen out of place.

“You can do this. You’re just going to visit him, nothing more.”

I pushed the sun visor back up, and stepped out of the car. The weather was nice. It was cool, but not to the point of where I couldn’t wear a nice dress without freezing. I walked over to the admissions desk, where a lady with short light brown hair, and an over the top smile had me sign in before issuing me a key.

“Your rooms right upstairs, first door to the right. Would you like me to get someone to carry your bag to your room?”

“No thank you, I think I can manage.”

I walked to my room, my right hand carrying my bag of luggage, while my left held the room key. Arriving to the door, I turned the metal key into the lock until I heard a click. Turning the brass doorknob, the door swung open and I walked across the crème colored rug, placing the luggage on my bed before sitting on the edge of the mattress. Taking off my heels, I looked around the room. There was a bedside table with a lamp and phone on top, and a full length mirror. Standing, I examined myself once more before walking into the bathroom and running the hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment